Saturday, October 4, 2008

When it comes to Music, Maxxx knows best

Staying on top of the latest and best in music today is a daunting task to say the least. The internet allows for independent distribution of music and the result is a mushrooming effect. Personally, I get totally lost in a sea of band names that all sound the same, and so I rely on a few select sources for my musical inspirations. KCRW's Nic Harcourt is probably the best known arbiter of contemporary music. Morning Becomes Eclectic is everyone's favorite morning music mixup. However, I always look forward each month to downloading and playing on my iPod the newest mix from Max. His taste is raw and and incredibly diverse, bringing to my ears old familiar tunes I would never know to look for but love, and ultra-current tracks that only the coolest most plugged in music geeks are aware of.




Would I ever hear Gang Gang Dance live in Tokyo without Max? Me thinks not, yet me likey likey!!!! Thanks Max for bringing sonic pleasure to my bike rides and workout hikes in Runyon Canyon, as well as being the soundtrack of choice for most TDC openings.

No comments: