Straight from the LACBC:
Cyclists! It is important that you come to Wednesday's LA City Council Transportation Committee meeting!
Here is the announcement sent by Councilmember Rosendahl's office:
Rosendahl To Host Bicycle Town Hall at Upcoming Transportation Committee Meeting
When: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Where: Los Angeles City Hall
200 N. Spring Street, Room 1010
Los Angeles , CA 90012
Los Angeles City Councilmember Bill Rosendahl invites
the public to attend an upcoming meeting of the Transportation Committee that will focus its agenda exclusively on cycling issues.The public is encouraged to attend and participate in the discussion of these important issues. Please join in the conversation and help us shape a cycling friendly future for the City of Los Angeles.
Items on the agenda will include:
● An update from the Planning Department and DOT on outreach efforts relative to the Draft Bicycle Master Plan
● Report from LAPD on bicycle incidents and conflicts between bicyclists and motorists
● The Sharrows pilot program
● A bicycle sharing program for the City of Los Angeles
● Bicyclist anti-harassment ordinance
● Revisions to the Zoning Code that would increase and refine bicycle parking requirements for new development