Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cycling to Support Injured Veterans

IMG_3482

Without a doubt, I believe that cycling not only provides me with physical exercise, but also relieves stress, calms me and gives me time to think about everything that's on my mind. The more I ride, the more meditative the experience becomes. I'm still in the present moment, dodging careless drivers and avoiding potholes, but I'm also exploring ideas and thoughts in a way that I can't when I'm sitting motionless.

For people suffering from physical and emotional trauma, cycling has the potential to change lives. For example, scores of veterans coping with physical injuries and PTSD have turned to cycling as a part of their rehabilitation process.

The Ride 2 Recovery is a program produced by the Fitness Challenge Foundation, (501C3) in partnership with the Military and VA Volunteer Service Office to "benefit both Mental and Physical Rehabilitation Programs for our country's wounded veterans that feature cycling as the core activity."
Come get your car washed this Sunday and support a rider for the upcoming ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles in October, that you can also sign up for.

The carwash is this Sunday, August 21 · 10:00am - 2:00pm at:

316. W. Florence Ave. Inglewood between La Brea and La Cienega

To learn more visit the event page and you can also like Ride 2 Recovery on Facebook.

No comments: