Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Cleansed


Salt's Cure 2x2x2 (image via Chef-Speak.com)


I LOVE to eat. A lot. And for good reason. Food is not just a source of sustenance, it is a celebration of life 3 times a day. Meals are the events that define our day, the centerpiece of many social activities. My wife and I are serious foodies, exploring all diverse flavors across Los Angeles, from burritos to dim sum, ramen to mole, sandwiches to bbq, skipjack sashimi to bucatini amatriciana. We love it all. Well, I love it all. HBT is one of the 10% of people that cannot stand the sight, smell or taste of cilantro, but I digress.)


cilantro
HBT hates cilantro (image via stadumgirl)

And because we love it all, sometimes our bodies need a break. We've been wanting to do a cleanse for a while now, but just couldn't work up the courage. Then, a few of HBT's friends told her about the cleanse they recently did with Pressed Juicery.

1.jpg

Founded by a producer, nutritionist and fitness junkie, this places serves up some of the best juices I've ever tasted. The defining quality of the juice is how fine and smooth they are. You don't sense and pulp or weight to them, like most home juicers produce. They sell juices by the bottle or you can sign up for a cleanse series, which they even deliver to your front door!

Our cleanse lasted 3 days. We scheduled it over a weekend, which I found to be totally necessary. Every morning, on our doorstep was a box containing all our juice for the day, numbered and labeled. Each juice served a specific purpose and the variety made the experience more exciting. Every day I felt my body and mind feeling lighter, clearer and healthier. Even now, I am eating less, eating smaller portions, and generally feeling satisfied with without stuffing myself.

Read Heather's writeup on Chef Speak for more info, an interview with Carly Brien, including a recipe for making your own juice.

1 comment:

Heather Taylor said...

Love this post. I'm ready for another cleanse....#piglet