Friday, January 25, 2008

A Box of Organic Wonder


Heather's christmas present arrived today. I got her a trial membership to Tierra Miguel's CSA program. The box was heavy and when I got it back to the gallery, Heather and I opened it and marveled at the amazing cornucopia of vegetables (and mandarians!) that lay before us. The box includes:

carrots
cabbage
daikon
rosemary
garlic
mandarins
onions
red potatoes
radishes
rapini
turnips
beets

Heather is currently reading the newsletter that came with the shipment, including recipes! We have to get a crock pot or else!!! For anyone who says they are too busy to shop at farmer's markets, consider joining a CSA. I found this one thru localharvest.org



In other news, the heavy rains last night and today have flooded our backyard, and I am a little worried that our citrus grove may suffer casualties. I'm considering getting a pump to drain the swamp...