Saturday, December 18, 2010

Last Minute Los Angeles Holiday Gift Guide


Pickle of the Month Club
from Full Moon Pickles $40/month

One of the many benefits of being engaged to a foodie, is the abundance of tasty treats that come across my plate. Among the best is the pickled sorcery of Jen Smith. Her pickles arouse all the senses and bring nothing but joy and happiness to my taste buds.



STRiDA LT
in Creme from FoldingBikeLA.com. $625

This bike cures L.A. traffic. The genius of the triangular frame is that it can quickly fold. In five seconds, you have a light, compact form that you can easily wheel onto a bus or subway, load in your car or stow by your desk in your office. Don't believe me? Just ask Jeana!



Le Mini Sac from Clare Vivier $169

Clare's the undisputed Bag Lady of Los Angeles, and it's a known fact! She's got you covered from this lil number to full bore weekend getaways. I'm getting one myself for use as a proper tool bag.



Silver fleur de lys cufflinks from Kathryn Bentley $120

Being a lover of all things ancient, I am completely obsessed by the handiwork of Kathryn Bentley. Her pieces look like they could have been unearthed during an excavation of a medieval silversmith's shop in a little hamlet near Newcastle Upon Tyne.


Epoisses Cheese from The Cheese Store of Silver Lake $22.99

This is one of the tastiest cheeses I ever had! Clare's husband Thierry introduced this to me last night and I cannot wait to get some for myself, though my kitchen will stink to high heaven. Who cares? Napoleon would approve.


Mohawk (Khaki Suede) Shoe from Generic Man $82

Doesn't every guy need a decent pair of shoes? This is the shoe. It's basic, or rather, generic, but has a little bit of flair. It dresses up and down, and you can't go wrong with a name like Mohawk.

1 comment:

Clare Vivier said...

that's a good gift guide!
xx